Saturday, April 17, 2010

Fave Five for My Friday

1. National Library Week! It's been neat seeing all sorts of attention focused on libraries. I watched a bit of the Neil Gaiman interview and that was pretty good. Still haven't watched a librarian movie yet -- will see if we have one at GRE today.

2. Country has come to Vegas this week! Sunday is the Academy of Country Music Awards show, hosted by Reba McEntire, and country superstars are having a variety of free concerts throughout the valley. Hope to save up to go to the actual award show next year!

3. The Masters in Augusta. I'm not a huge golf fan, but my step-dad is and I'm glad to see Phil Mickelson won, especially after what's going on with his wife and mother. I'd love to go to Augusta to see it live one of these days...

4. My niece and goddaughter, Juliana, will be receiving her First Holy Communion in early May and at a meeting with her mom and her CCD teacher before confession with the priest, Juliana asked if she could have butter on the cracker (the host). :D

5. I've been moving along on my reading list. I particularly enjoy the Chicken Soup for the Soul books because of the bite-sized servings, good for 15 minute breaks. I'm nearly 1/3rd of the way to 50!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: