Wednesday, March 24, 2010

2010 Book Challenge



20. A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick I had to push myself to finish this, it just wasn't my cup of tea or maybe it was just over my head, not sure which.



21. When God Winks by Squire Rushnell A delightful book of what some would call coincidences, I have always called them "God-incidences" Very insightful and a quick short read.



22. A Simple Act by Debbie Macomber Not her usual fare, but a really great book. She sites stories of simple acts of kindness and their sometimes far reaching effects. She claims doing something kind for someone else is a great stress reducer, it makes you feel so wonderful. If you liked the movie "Pass it On" you'll love this book.



23. A Source of Miracles by Kathleen McGowan This book is just jam packed with material that I'll use at my next ladies retreat this fall. It has lots of thought provoking questions, that will make you examine your life more closely and possibly decide to make some changes.



I'm now reading "A Cousin's Challenge" by Wanda Brunstetter, Lavender Morning by Jude Deveraux and "the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie" by Alan Bradley and recommended by Lisa P. I gave up on "Home for Christmas" by Andrew M Greeley guess I'll try that one next holiday season.

No comments: